Pads, liners, tampons, daytime, night time, regular, super – where do you even start! Standing in front of the feminine hygiene section in the supermarket can be super daunting and you just want to get out of there, right? Well, we’ve broken it all down for you so next time you’re picking up products, you’ll be in and out in a flash!
Pads are the most widely used of all period products. A lot of women use them because their mum did, and some just prefer not inserting something inside them. Whether you use pads or tampons, or something else entirely, it is 100% your decision.
All of our pads are made with absorbent materials that draw in fluid, keeping you dry and odour free. They have a sticky back which sticks to the crotch of your undies, so they stay nicely in place. Wings wrap around the outside of your undies for further protection. Most ladies prefer wings, but our pads also come without wings too.
Our pads come in three absorbencies:
- Regular: This is always indicated by blue and is for those medium flow days. Typically, days 3-5 of your period.
- Super: This is always indicated by pink and is super protective for those heavy flow days, like days 1-2.
- Goodnights: This is the purple one. It’s the longest and most absorbent of the pads, designed specifically to keep you covered while you’re lying down.
Okay this is where it gets a bit tricky. On top of absorbencies, our pads also come in five ranges. Which one you choose is simply based on what you feel comfortable in.
- Invisible: These are our premium and thinnest pads! They’re a great idea if you’re wearing activewear, because they’re totally undetectable.
- Ultra Thin: These are our most popular pad. They’re thin and flexible just like an Olympic gymnast.
- Extra: These are our thickest, most cushiony pad for ladies who want to feel that ‘extra’ protection.
- Libra Girl: Our Libra Girl Pads are designed specifically for smaller bodies and are a great choice for your first period.
- Maternity: These pads are specifically designed for post birth.
Tampons are the perfect option if don’t want to be held back by your period. Swimming, dancing, running – you can’t see them and you don’t feel them when they’re inside you. With tampons you can almost forget you have your period… almost!
A lot of women are reluctant to try tampons because they fear ‘it might get lost’ or ‘they’ll lose their virginity’. Neither of which is true! (Side note: We’ve busted all the tampon myths here (link to the truth about tampons). Other women find tampons uncomfortable, however that’s usually because they’re not being inserted correctly. Remember ladies, use your index finger to push the tampon up into your vagina, towards your tailbone to the full length of your finger. You shouldn’t feel any discomfort. If you’re still unsure, check out or blog on how to use tampons.
So what’s the deal with the tampon range?
Well like our pads, they come in two absorbencies:
- Regular: Again, look out for the blue. This is for the medium flow days, like day 3 onwards.
- Super: The pink ones, ideal for the heavier days.
It’s a good idea to find the right absorbency for your flow, as if it’s an absorbency greater than what you need, taking the tampon out can feel a bit dry and uncomfortable.
We also have three ranges of tampons:
- Applicator: These are a great option for those starting out with tampons. They’re kind of like tampons with training wheels, as the applicator helps you get the tampon into the right position. Some ladies just prefer them because you don’t have to use your finger.
- Original: These are our most popular type of tampons.
- Slims: Similar in absorbency to originals, slims are made with a high-tech fibre so they’re more compact. They’re a great choice for smaller bodies.
Finally, ladies, remember to change your tampon every 3-4 hours. If you’re at school, recess, lunch and after school are good reminders. You could also set an alarm.
Liners are our most versatile product. Just like your bestie, they’ve always got your back. You can use liners errrry day! Here are a few times you might like to use them:
- When you’re not quite sure when your period will start
- Right at the end of your period when you don’t really need a pad or a tampon
- As back up for a tampon if you think you might not be able to change it in time and it may leak
- For discharge in between your periods (to keep your undies fresh!)
- When you’re pregnant
- After sex
- During sport to absorb sweat
- For that little bit of light bladder leakage.
Okay but which one? We’ve never met an occasion we didn’t have a liner for. Here are some of our favourites:
- Mutistyle Liners: These are our favourite because they adapt to all types of undies, even g-strings. Plus, they’re super absorbent.
- Thin Liners: These are so light, you won’t even know they’re there. We recommend these babies for those days where you just want to feel fresh.
- 2 in 1 liners: Yup, two liners in one! When you’re done with the top liner, simply peel it away for a fresh, second liner. Magic.
- Dry Liners: Still thin and flexible, these liners are ideal for light bladder leakage.
- Protect Active Liners: These are our most popular liners. They’re perfect for every day protection and freshness.
So, there you have it ladies, a product for everyone, for every occasion. If you’re still unsure, feel free to reach out to us and we can point you in the right direction.
Anything else? Asaleo Care makes no warranties or representations regarding the completeness or accuracy of the information. This information should be used only as a guide and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional, medical or other health professional advice.